SEA- Teacher program Story (Pre- Departed)


    Hello, I'm Nafis, I’m a student in Islamic Economics department Universitas Islam Indonesia, Yogyakarta. At the present time, I would like to share my experience to be a part of batch 5 SEA-Teacher, SEAMEO  program at Pangasinan State University, Philippines. I hope my story will be useful and can give several reflections to the reader. Enjoy!

    What is SEA-Teacher Program? The SEA Teacher Project or the “Pre-Service Student Teacher Exchange in Southeast Asia” is a project that aims to provide an opportunity for pre-service student teachers from universities in Southeast Asia to have teaching experiences (practicum) in schools in other countries in Southeast Asia. The duration of the practicum is for the month and based on the mechanism of cost-sharing basis. more information you can find in http://seateacher.seameo.org/seateacher/

    I know the SEA-Teacher program SEAMEO from my department information that gives the Islamic Economic department announced that they will give an opportunity to the internship program in ASEAN to be an economics teacher. The program related to our department mission which is “not only prepare the student to be a good practice in economics but also should have a good skill in education especially in economics”.  then my department makes a seminar about this program which is Mr. Herman being the speaker because he is the coordinator this program at my university. The meeting is very interesting because there is miss Fadiah become the testimony about this program to share her experience about this program.

    The first way to join the selection of students in this program is we should send our curriculum vitae and motivation letter to the coordinator of my department. We just have a little bit time to send that stuff to our department coordinator around 3 days. They said, if we can pass the first selection, the next selection is an interview with Mr. Herman by phone of course in language English. I try my best to make the cv and motivation letter as soon as possible. I do my best to do those requirements with double check my document, print that document by bold paper and apply to the committee with stop map. 

    November 28, 2017. when I have a free time in my boarding house, suddenly I’ve got a call. I wonder who is this. And I realize that is Mr. Herman the coordinator of SEA-Teacher in my university. I very feel surprised. And for the first time, I can’t say anything a moment because I am really feeling speechless. He asks me several things seems like what my motivation to join this program, what my experience about teaching, and so on. 

    December 5, 2017. At midnight suddenly my handphone have a lot of notification. I wonder what about that. Apparently, I already invited to one group of selected sea-Teachers delegation! Woha.., I’m very grateful and glad about that. I can’t sleep at the night and a lot of thinking how can it be. Actually, I’m not really sure that I can be chosen for this program because I’m still feeling that my English skill it's not quite good yet. but for me, it's better if I should try it first. The announcement said that I’ll be placed in Pangasinan State University, the Philippines, there is another person for my department., He is Fakhri al-kahfi. After that announcement, we have several meeting to prepare the departure, especially about the passport. I’m so lucky because I already have the passport so I just should be prepared for how to teaching and prepare for funding sponsorship proposals. Our Faculty also give us attention. They give us training about learning method include microteaching, social culture, and English language by the best lecturer in that field.

    In the coordination meeting, Mr. Herman gives us contact Philippines student from the university that we will be placed. They are is delegation SEA-Teacher from PSU that had placed in my university at the time. I’m trying to contact them to know more some information about the Philippines. One of them is Joshua O’ Caguioua. We already have a chat and share about several things about the Philippines and about his last experience in Indonesia. He very kind, he gives me a lot of information that I can be prepared and be ready to go to Philippines.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Departure